An effective revenue cycle management system is vital to healthcare organizations. From patient access roles to coding and patient financial services, revenue cycle management teams are made up of large, diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds and specialized skill sets. Finding, hiring, and onboarding revenue cycle management talent is difficult. With current talent shortages, rising labor costs, and economic uncertainties, many organizations turn to staffing partners to find top talent for their revenue cycle management teams.
Learn more about why effective revenue cycle management is critical to navigating a recession here.
Why Outsource Revenue Cycle Hiring?
- Save time and money. Time is money. The amount of time required to find, hire, train, and onboard revenue cycle management talent is costly. Working with a staffing partner such as Medix saves your organization valuable time and money. Not only do we have a large pipeline of top, in-demand revenue cycle talent, we also have the resources to hire and onboard talent quickly. Typically, we are able to identify resources for your team in a matter of days rather than weeks, ensuring that your revenue cycle continues to function efficiently and effectively. In addition, working with a staffing partner reduces your salary and benefits-related costs. Talent hired through Medix are paid through Medix and receive Medix benefits, saving organizations additional time and resources.
- Gain access to top talent. Finding specialized talent for revenue cycle teams is difficult. With a large, vetted revenue cycle talent pool, Medix provides organizations with a steady supply of qualified, hard-to-find talent. In addition, we work with you to find a hiring strategy that works best for your organization. Whether you need short-term help for peak periods or long-term solutions, we find the right people at the right time to fit your needs.
- Focus on what matters most. Healthy revenue cycle operations are critical to keeping your organization functioning. Working with a staffing partner helps revenue cycle teams achieve budget objectives and maintain revenue functions to keep the engine of the healthcare organization running. We can help you find the specialized revenue cycle talent that fits your needs and helps your team maintain effective operations.
How Outsourced Revenue Cycle Management Hiring Works.
- Define needs and requirements. Once you’ve decided to work with a staffing partner to outsource revenue cycle hiring, the first step is to define the staffing needs and requirements. Consider which positions need to be filled, the requirements for each, position hours, and preferred position pay rate. Medix also has detailed market data and insights to help guide you in this process.
- Evaluate potential staffing partners. With over 12,000 staffing firms across the U.S., organizations have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a staffing partner. However, not all staffing firms are created equal. Potential staffing partners must be vetted according to expertise and scope of services. Because revenue cycle management encompasses many different positions with specialized skill sets, staffing partners must be qualified to staff multiple positions from patient access roles to revenue cycle upper management. Medix has a deep understanding of revenue cycle staffing and the specialized skills and unique compliance needs, as well as a large pipeline of qualified talent.
- Explain to your staffing partner exactly who you need. Once a staffing partner has been selected, the requisition intake process begins. During this conversation, your staffing partner will ask questions about the position you need to fill such as requirements for the role, education, experience level, hours, location, and pay rate. This information allows the staffing partner to locate candidates who best fit the requirements you’re looking for. At Medix, this is an incredibly important step in our partnership. We are committed to finding someone who does exactly what you need. Understanding your organizational needs and requirements helps us pinpoint what type of candidates you are looking for.
- Perform talent interviews. After the staffing partner locates candidates that fit your job requirements, each candidate is evaluated by the staffing partner. Medix has a multiple-step interview process in which talent is asked a series of questions to determine education, experience, commitment to the role, and even cultural fit. Medix also conducts reference checks and background checks on all candidates to further solidify a candidate’s suitability for the position. Once talent has passed the staffing screening process, they are passed to the client for a final interview. In this interview, you can be assured that the candidate has been thoroughly vetted and only requires a final stamp of approval.
- Hire and onboard. With the stamp of approval secured, hiring and onboarding begins. At Medix, we have an entire team dedicated to providing a seamless onboarding experience. For Medix revenue cycle talent, onboarding time is typically much shorter than internal teams and much faster than the industry average.
- Monitor success. Once talent is hired and onboarded, it’s important to monitor the success of your outsourced revenue cycle hiring. Staffing partners should provide data and insights into placed talent and your ongoing partnership. Medix’s digital platform, Aha!, provides real-time insights into talent spend, hours, and performance. In addition, clients can stay in communication with their Medix-hired talent and contact their account manager when needed. In the event that your expectations are not being met, it’s important to communicate with your staffing partner and adjust your relationship as needed. The right staffing partner will pivot quickly to solve your problem.
Revenue cycle management teams are made up of diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds and skill sets who are difficult to find. Staffing partners help find, hire, and onboard revenue cycle management talent quickly to save organizations time and money and maintain core business functions of the organization.
Learn more about how Medix can help you hire the Revenue Cycle talent you need.